Michigan Legacy Art Park at Crystal Mountain Resort in Thompsonville, Michigan, is becoming a favorite field-trip destination for area schools. Because each sculpture expresses a story about Michigan’s history, culture, or natural environment, students gain a deeper appreciation for the world around them during a field trip to the Legacy Art Park. Through abstract thought processes, students become truly engaged in deep discussions on the stories expressed through the 45 sculptures and 30 poetry stones. The hike gets children moving, and the art projects give them an up-close encounter with art and nature.
To meet the growing demand, volunteers are needed to:
- Lead interactive tours for school field trips
- Help with environmental art projects for student groups
- Give guided tours for groups of adults
Guide training Includes:
- In-the-park training session
- Written material to review
- Shadowing experienced guides on two or more tours until comfortable to lead a group
Trained volunteers are then added to a roster of guides who are called for availability when new field trips and tours are added to the schedule. Additional volunteer opportunities are also available, including welcoming visitors, staffing our new gift shop, and the Summer Sounds concert series.
Please contact the Art Park office to express your interest: (231) 3784963 or firstname.lastname@example.org